Simmakers Ltd, together with Nvidia and Forsite have tested the speed of a GPU version of the Frost 3D Universal software package for solving heat transfer problems on the Nvidia Tesla K20 system. The results have exceeded all expectations — the computation for an ice wall around the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant was completed in under 6 minutes.
In order to carry out a detailed comparison of the computational speeds on systems with different configurations, Simmakers prepared special tests that included the following model dimensions:
1) 1 million cells (100x100x100);
2) 3.4 million cells (150x150x150);
3) 8 million cells (200x200x200);
4) 15.6 million cells (250x250x250);
5) 27 million cells (300x300x300);
6) 42.9 million cells (350x350x350);
7) 64 million cells (400x400x400);
8) 91 million cells (450x450x450).