Frost 3D Universal – software package for simulation of heat transfer in ground with phase transitions
100 times faster than DEFORM-HT.
30 times faster than COMSOL.
10 times faster than ANSYS Thermal, ANSYS Fluent and ANSYS CFX.
Computations on multi-million meshes can be performed on common personal computers!
The Frost 3D Universal software allows one to get scientifically-based predictions of permafrost soil thermal modes with the thermal influence of buildings and operation of various cooling devices.
The main functionality of Frost 3D Universal:
• Computational domain building with the surface topography and soil lithology.
• Computational domain reconstruction in 3D space.
• Import of building and construction elements from widespread CAD systems – Autodesk 3ds Max, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
• Simulation of unfrozen water content in ground and heat transfer in consideration of ice-water phase transition and filtering process.
• Maintaining a database of thermophysical properties of ground and building elements and the parameters of cooling devices.
• Visualization of thermal fields and unfrozen water content in 3D space in dynamics.
The following are initial data for simulation processes:
• Geometry of the computational domain, which is drawn by the user in a 2D-editor with the possible usage of topographical plan as a background image.
• Topography and geological cross-sections for engineering-geological elements building.
• Cooling devices parameters, the configuration of anthrophogenic thermal exposure sites, and the geometry of buildings and construction elements.
• Thermophysical properties of soils, elements of buildings, and constructions.
• Initial temperature distribution and heat exchange conditions at the boundary of the computational domain.
It is possible to visualize isolines and thermal fields on a topographical plan.
For the display and analysis of the computational results the user is provided with a set of tools to visualize the distribution of thermal fields:
• in 3D space as a contour fill
• as color isolines in the plane
• in diagram form
• in tabular form
Advantages of the software:
• It is based on modern scientific achievements in the area of numerical methods and mathematical simulation of heat-and-mass transfer processes in ground. The newly developed numerical techniques have been approved at the World Congress on Engineering 2013 [link] and are published in peer-reviewed journal Applied and Computational Mathematics [link].
• It is a unique software solution that considers permafrost thermal stabilization processes with the help of cooling devices.
• It allows one to make a long-term prediction of permafrost thaw under the influence of anthropogenic and climatic factors.
• It takes into account the influence of the dynamics of snow depth and the intensity of solar radiation on soil temperature.
• The ability to change thermophysical properties and heat transfer conditions at the boundary in the computation process.
• The ability to set the value of the initial temperature distribution in soil by means of temperature values interpolation defined by the user in several points.
Today, Frost 3D Universal is the fastest and most precise solver of heat transfer problems with phase transitions!
With mathematical background of Frost 3D Universal you can acquaint here
Functionality of CAE platform
Applying Microsoft’s .NET mechanisms platform allows us to load development environment aimed at creating and simulating computational objects in 2D and 3D.
The object graphics editor provides the following functionality:
• Creation, editing and affine transformations of any 2D geometric figure.
• Loading and image scaling as a background.
• Site building by isolines, boreholes and cross-sections in case of geological objects simulation.
• 3D objects creation with the use of interpolation / extrapolation, triangulation and specialized algorithms of building 3D object by projections.
• Means for displaying lists of created elements and their properties as a set of separate windows.
The development environment for 3D geometry has the following features:
• Affine transformations of any 3D geometry (jointly and separately).
• Import of external geometries of known CAD formats.
• Analysis of faces, edges and correctness of geometric figures.
• Selection of faces and geometric shapes to define the initial conditions and boundary conditions.
• Color and transparency management of any geometrical shape.
• Means of navigation and control of geometry properties through special windows.
Simmakers CAE Platform provides a single mechanism of creating projects, saving platform states, and data post-processing.
Additional controls that are available in the platform allow one to display different types of graphic dependencies and create windows that contain output area of 3D graphics. These features are available to all external connecting modules.
The platform was developed using the following languages and technologies:
Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 x86, x64), Windows 7 (x86, x64), Windows 8 (x86, x64)
Technical requirements for working with CAE software created based on Simmakers CAE Platform:
• Available Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5;
• Available OpenGL 4.2;
• Processor with Intel x86-compatible architecture. Videoadapter NVIDIA and ATI support Shader Model 4.0 and better;
• RAM – at least 2 GB;
• Free hard disk space – at least 1 GB.
Software for thermophysical and dynamic processes simulation during thermal treatment
Thermosim software allows the user to determine optimal quenching parameters (heating and cooling rates, curing time in the heating and cooling medium) for obtaining the desired hardness and phase structure of the work piece.
It offers the following main features:
• 3D simulation of temperature fields, stresses, and deformation.
• Computer simulation of phase structure and hardness formation.
• Consideration of stresses relaxation and the influence of phase
structure on thermophysical properties in the computational process.
• Prediction of crack formations.
The following are initial data for simulation processes:
• 3D geometry of the part
• thermophysical properties of the part material
• diagram of phase transformations of the part material
• parameters of quenching mode
Import of the following geometric data formats is supported: OBJ, STL, OUT, T9, mphtxt. It allows the product to be compatible with many popular CAD systems: Pro/ENGINEER, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Autodesk 3ds Max, T-FLEX, and others.
Properties of the part material are selected from an integrated database of materials, or specified manually by the user. The dependence of heat capacity, thermal conductivity and density on temperature, and thermokinetic diagram of phase transformations are determined for each material in the database.
Parameters of quenching mode, taken into account during simulation, are the heating and cooling rates, which are computed on the basis of a user-defined medium of heating and cooling.
The software allows for analyzing model results of generated fields: temperature, phase structure, hardness, stress, and deformation. The results of color field distributions are displayed in three-dimensional view in dynamics, with the possibility of arbitrary cross-section of the part. The user has the option to build diagrams of temperature changes, phase structure, stress strain, and deformation in time at an arbitrary point of the part.
Advantages of the software:
• It is developed on the basis of modern scientific achievements in the field of mathematical simulation of heat transfer and phase transformation processes.
• It is a specialized solution, taking into account the technological processes of quenching and the customer’s production.
• It allows one to perform simulation in order to identify the most efficient modes of the technological process.
• It allows one to determine, with the help of different approximation approaches, the required properties of the material with an arbitrary chemical structure based on available information about the properties of other materials with a close chemical structure.
• It is fitted with an intuitive user interface.
EcoView – Software for the modeling of contaminants transport in the soil
EcoView provides tools for every phase of a contaminants transport simulation including site characterization, model development, calibration, post-processing, and visualization.
EcoView supports both finite-difference and finite-element models in 2D and 3D, including Chemigmod, Chemigsim, GIS projects and KMTPNeuralNetworks, Genetics Algorithms, and DataBase plugins. Regardless of your modeling needs, EcoView has the tools!
The program plug-ins design enables the user to select modules in custom combinations, allowing the user to choose only those contaminants transport modeling capabilities that are required. Additional EcoView plug-ins can be acquired and added at any time. The software will dynamically link to these subsequent plug-ins at run time — automatically adding additional modeling capability to the software.